Rhinoplasty surgery is also called as nose reshaping surgery. As the name itself says, this surgery is to reshape the nose. This is one of those cosmetic solutions to change the appearance of the nose. When somebody is not happy with their nose, may be with its shape, size, angle, etc. can opt this surgery as a permanent beauty solution. A skilled surgeon specialized in plastic surgery can handle the whole procedure to improve the results of Rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty is not just a cosmetic surgery; it can also be done for someone suffering from chronic congestions or wheezing problems because of any damage caused in the nose.
Here surgeon opens up the nose from inside to avoid damages to the outer skin after giving local or general Anesthesia. Based on the need of surgery, there will be removal, addition or displacement of tissues, bones, and cartilage.
Nose is a dominant feature of the face. There needs to be a clear understanding of merits and demerits of nose surgery. Before thinking of getting this surgery done, one needs to know clearly about the facts about it. Here are few important things shared by to be considered when you decide to go for Rhinoplasty or nose job surgery.
The one who is not happy with the shape or size of their nose will choose to go for Rhinoplasty. But few patients are for getting rid of breathing problems too. Here are few reasons for surgery.
• One with the pinched or asymmetrical nose.
• Having a wide, protruded, enlarged or bumped nose.
• Too large or small nose compared to that of the face.
• Because of the congestion caused due to the growth of an extra tissue.
• Breathing problems caused by deflected bone or cartilage.
What Is Done:
A surgeon has to be experienced to carry out the surgery in a proper way. These are the things performed by a surgeon to meet patients’ requirements.
• Incisions are made inside the nose to hide any marks caused after surgery.
• To reshape the nose surgeon has to reshape the bones or cartilage in the nose.
• To make the nose narrow or wide, adding and removing tissues or cartilage is done.
• Sometimes there may be a minor surgery carried out for the chin to match the size of the nose with it.
• Bandaging is done with a splint over the nose after the surgery.
No surgery is done without thinking of its advantages in later days. Rhinoplasty or nose job surgery is mainly for two things. One is for cosmetic changes and the other for health issues related to a nose.
• Aesthetic benefits include improvement in the appearance of one’s nose because of its proper size, shape, and removal of bumps, etc.
• Health benefits include narrow nasal passages, improved structural abnormalities and proper and undisturbed breathing experience.
How Much It Costs:
The final cost of Rhinoplasty surgery may vary from person to person. It depends on the patients’ location, surgeons’ experience, surgical equipment, and follow-up care charges while recovering from the surgery. It is always better to go for the surgery after taking reviews from the people who have undergone the same surgery from that surgeon.
Every good decision can be turned upon to a bad experience. In Rhinoplasty that experience may go worse sometimes. Proper care needs to be taken under the guidance of surgeon to avoid them. Here are few risks caused by the surgery.
• Swelling inside or outside the nose.
• Nasal blockage.
• Scarring around the nose.
• Perforated septum.
• Blood clotting due to damage in blood cells.
• Undesired cosmetic results.
• Breakdown of tissues.
• Infection caused after surgery when care is not taken.
• Improper results may lead to reversed rhinoplasty
Unlike the rare risks, there are few common and temporary side effects after the surgery, which eventually gets reduced.
• Nose bleeding.
• Swelling and pain around the nose.
• Wounds under eyes and around the nose.
• Discomfort or itching because of the bandage.
• Inflammation in nasal passages.
• Effects caused by Anesthesia.
Though the side effects are common after any surgery, the severity can be reduced by taking plenty of rest and proper medical guidance given by doctors. To avoid the major risks consult a doctor immediately after feeling discomfort about something. Your negligence may cause a greater damage later. Proper antibiotics are to be taken to avoid the possibility of infection.
Sometimes the result of a rhinoplasty may not satisfy the cosmetic need of the patient. They can go for secondary or revision rhinoplasty surgery which may again take time and causes more pain. You may have to take rest for a long time to recover from that completely. So have realistic expectations over the rhinoplasty and go for a well-experienced surgeon and avoid going for something which is cheapest to stay away from major problems later.